Easton Avance Arrow (shafts)
- Arrow Services
- Special Orders
The Avance is Easton's new 4mm carbon target arrow, along with its sister shaft, the Avance Sport. The Avance has a straightness of +/- .003 and is suitable for intermediate archers who are looking for an arrow that performs well, and can accommodate their changing draw weight.
The Avance series is available in a wide selection of spine sizes that cover tuning ranges for recurve and compound archers over a broad range of bow styles, draw lengths and poundages. The durable, all-carbon construction of the Avance nets an arrow that is lighter than previous Easton offerings, allowing for top level performance and greatly benefiting the entry-level to intermediate-level target archer.
- All-carbon parallel shaft
- Shaft outer diameter: .24"
- Straightness: +/- .003”
- Designed to offer high performance to entry-level and intermediate-level recurve and compound archers
- Lighter weight than previous Easton arrows (Carbon One and Apollo)
- Available in 16 spines from 340-2000
- Components are sold separately
Arrows are great, however, arrows selected according to the Easton chart is too stiff. Use the chart as a general guide and select a softer spine.
Already adjusted to a lower spine and longer length but it still comes out over spined. Not sure how easton creates the chart but they will always be 2 spines over spined.
I bought a dozen 600 Avance arrows as recommended by Easton's charts for a 29" arrow and 33 pound draw
I used the 120 grain point.
All the arrows were dead straight and built to exactly 320 grains Which was surprising to get such a perfect number. Unfortunately bare tune says Too Stiff with bare shafts weighted to 320 grains land a full foot to the left. some messing with the plunger helped but still too stiff. Eastons charts clearly indicated my 33 pound full draw should be 60 to 650 but the best groups still are at 730 spine. None of this really is the fault of the arrow and these shafts are nice. Hard to justify another $30 an arrow for X10s. Easton is standardizing some of their options. 4mm tips are all 130 grains with 10 grain break offs down to 90 grains. They are black stainless and reasonably sharp field points. I used AAE max vanes and love them over spin wings just for low maintenance and they are lighter too. My 730's will go back to work until I can afford another dozen arrows. I would recommend these shafts but I still need to solve my apparent issue with spine. Of note I am still struggling with Plunger setting too and can see it will push my arrows left when not set correctly. I hate plungers :)
Easton Avance Arrow (shafts)
At Canada Archery Online we try and offer a variety of arrow choices. This includes factory fletched, fletched and shafts. It's important to understand what this means.
Arrow buying information.
- Fletched and Factory Fletched - The arrows come fletched from the factory. They often come with inserts included but not installed. Points are sold separately.
- Ready to Shoot or Assembled - This means the arrow is fletched and comes with points and all components installed. Often are Factory Fletched Arrows where points are inlcuded and everything is put together by the manufacturer.
- Shafts - This means you are purchasing just arrow shafts. These come unfletched but often with the bushing and sometimes inserts needed. Typically an archer will need to purchase nocks and points, along with any components they may need for fletching. We encourage all archers to learn fletching themselves for the ultimate custom arrow. It is also significantly less expensive over time to learn to create your own arrows!
Arrow Cutting, Insert Installation & Points.
We also offer the option to install inserts, include points and cut arrows that come fletched from the factory. These are optional services we offer as a convenience for our customers. Each one you select will be added to your cart as a service with it's own charge.
Once selected, these services will be added to your cart. Each one you choose will be separately added. If these services are removed from your cart prior to ordering, WE WILL NOT perform those services even if listed on the arrow. If you purchase a set of arrows and remove services, arrows will be shipped exactly as listed or completed with services paid for.
Only services you pay for will be performed, we will never charge you for services you did specifically add yourself.
Special orders receive top priority and are given prompt attention. While larger items like bows may not always be readily available, many special order items are consistently kept in stock. The general turnaround time for special orders is a minimum of 8 weeks, depending on the lead times set by the manufacturer.
Certain bows, such as custom target bows and high-quality traditional recurve bows, are exclusively made to order directly from the manufacturer.
In some instances, left-handed products like premium target equipment may experience unforeseen delays due to batch production by the manufacturer.
We strive to meet the deadlines mentioned above and make every effort to do so. However, there may be circumstances beyond our control that prevent us from meeting those deadlines. If such a situation arises, we will make every effort to rectify the issue. Special orders can be canceled or exchanged and are eligible for a refund after 8 weeks.