Hoyt Formula AXIA Recurve Limbs
- Bow Sizing
- Special Orders
The new Hoyt AXIA limbs are built upon the foundation of the famous Velos limbs. They include an 8 carbon construction with a r core. The new refined wedge design helps with increased performance and u consistency.
- Proprietary Resin infused core with multi directional high performance carbon.
- Improved design and materials offer increased speed and performance
- 8 layers of carbon.
- Improved wedge design
- Offered in short (66), Medium (68), Long (70).
- Offered in both Grand Prix and Formula limb attachments.
Bow sizing based on archer's height for Olympic Recurve
Olympic Recurve bows typically range in overall size from 66" to 70". Below is a rough guideline for new archers getting started in the sport.
- 5'5" or shorter = 66" bow
- 5'6" to 5'9" = 68" bow
- 5'10" or taller = 70" bow
The Height of a modern Olympic Recurve bow is dictated by a combination of the riser size and the limb size. Combining long limbs with two different size risers will result in two different size bows. The typical Olympic riser size is either 23, 25" and 27".
Bow sizing based on archer's Draw Length for Traditional Takedown
Please note, traditional recurve draw length is typically shorter than compound. If transitioning always scale down at least half an inch for draw length.
- 5'5" or shorter = 60" - 62" bow
- 5'6" to 5'9" = 62" - 66" bow
- 5'10" or taller = 66" - 68" plus, bow
These are rough guidelines for new archers so they get the most out of their new traditional equipment. For some takedown bows limb length is not a choice. After some experience you may find you like longer or shorter limbs.
The Height of traditional takedown bows will often be dictated by a combination of the riser size and the limb size. A 58" bow for example can be made up of any combination of limb and riser size that creates an overall length of 58".
Traditional Takedown bows can come in sizes anywhere from 52" all the way up to 70". Bows that are longer in length are typically used in tournament situations while bows shorter in total length are used for hunting.
Age and Experience guideline
- 14 years old or younger = poundage should be the as their age. Example 12 years old should be shooting 12# bow.
- 18 to 14 years old = 16# to 20# depending on body build and height
- Adult: Beginner = under 20#, Intermediate 22# to 28#, Advanced with experience = 30# and up.
All special orders are treated with priority. Outside of larger items such as bows, many special order items are on a consistent stocking basis. General turn around due to pandemic backorders is at least 8 weeks depending on manufacturer lead times.
Some bows such as custom target bows and top shelf traditional recurve bows are on a made to order basis directly from the manufacturer.
Some left handed products such as high end target equipment can also experience unforseen delays due to manufacturer batch production.
We make every effort to meet the deadlines set above. Sometimes due to issues out of our control we are unable to accomplish this. We will make every effort to remedy the situation if that is the case.